Age Group: Upto 5
* We were dragged to Manali for a snowfall vacation. We shivered all the way there little knowing that we’d be packed into a pahaadi quilt while the parents went out to romance.
* Sat atop a table in KFC. Asked for a red and white balloon and howled when we split the tomato ketchup all over the tray.
* Slept. With Teddy Bear by the side and gentle little snores every now and then.
Age Group: 6-12
* Watched television. We were very glad that most of our regular shows aired as usual and New Year specials were kept to a minimum. Why Papa even sat glued to Crime Patrol. Now they had a New Year special. What better way can there be to bring in the New Year than watch people brandish knives and guns?
* Read comics. Quietly by the window with a packet of wafers in hand while the rain fell softly…
* Did a lot of *hullah gullah. The cousins were home and they, like everyone else, were monkeys in a previous birth. So we basically lived up to the reputation of our ancestors.
Age Group: Teenagers
* Went out with dance school friends. Did salsa on the streets and samba in the movie theatre that aired Don2.
* Went out shopping. We got a lot of fancy stuff that will look great in showcases and trunks. Well that’s where they are going to be considering they won’t be of use/fancy a few days later.
* Clicked a lot of pictures. Of me in various outfits. I am targeting 110+ tomorrow. FB likes in case you were wondering (dimwit)!
Age Group: 20-35
* Went for lunch with the parents. Had a voucher or so to redeem and felt good to spend some, if rather disturbed, time with Ma and Pa.
* Talked on the phone with a best friend. Crossed a mental finger that prayed for a fulfilling year ahead.
* Partied! Went to a record number of them and made sure we could model in one of those don’t drink and drive advertisements.
Age Group: 36-60
* Spent time listening to good music. It helped convince us that “good music” isn’t an oxymoron like today’s movies make it sound.
* Went out with the spouse to inhale some seasonal festivities. Reminisced about the times that were and talked about the times to come.
* Squabbled. Doesn’t make sense to start a year without exercising that easy-to-ignite temper that we have.
Age Group: Senior Citizens
* Sat on a quilt with another quilt on top. Felt nice and cozy and we kept the rain away.
* Talked with the cats. We also got them special chicken delights for a feast. It made for some great watching as the dearies wiped them off the plate in no time.
* Philosophized. About what the world is coming to. Raindrops and their pitter patter made for a wonderful backdrop to it all.
So, how did you celebrate this rainy New Year? 😀