Ladies and Gentlemen, my dear fellow blogger Rituparna, of “Chocolates and Dreams”, had a surprise lined up for me this noon. I have officially joined a much sought after bandwagon and am:
This is an antediluvian chain-award for bloggers and is given out to blogs you love coming back to. Ala the chain mail we used to send in the more innocent of our days, the awardee then has to pass it on to fifteen other bloggers he/she thinks are deserving winners. The catch is that the awardee also has to share seven random facts about himself. Errm. Thanks a lot Rituparna!
So, shifting the muse of my blog from Saddi Delhi to Delhi-wali for a while, I hereby present seven hopefully non-embarrassing facts about yours truly:
1. I have a bad case of OCD. Obsessive compulsive disorder. I can’t stand jars not in line on the kitchen shelf, my t’s not crossed and specks of dirt in hidden corners. Guests get on my nerve if their animated offspring tug too much at the tablecloth and mysterious smells in the autorickshaws in Old Delhi tempt me to disembark in the sun.
2. I can’t cook to save my life. As some of you know, this place was earlier titled ‘Of Paneer, Pulao and Pune’. I spent many a secret hours giggling when I got feedback from people who mistook this space for a recipe blog. I am glad the good Lord had this in mind when he was pairing people off.
3. My earliest memory of a horror-movie that actually scared me is the Madhuri starrer 100 days. I couldn’t sleep all night for fear of a skeleton lurking behind the bedroom wall.
4. I am paranoid about bills of any kind. I always worry they will bloat up for some sinister reason and go into cold sweats before cellphone, electricity, water and land-line phone bills are due. I don’t worry about card statements as they seem more in voluntary control.
5. I am a huge collector of earrings. I have hordes of them in all shapes, sizes and colours. Mom says I can start my own shop and I can’t call that an exaggeration, connoisseur that I am. Box after box is stuffed with these ear-decor pieces picked up from alleys and by-lanes in every city I visit and whenever a new box comes home, it is by default handed over to me.
6. Losing/not returning a book I lent you equals starting an interminable feud with me. Returning it in tattered/spilled with water shape is nearly as bad and though I may not go into revenge mode, you can be sure the keys to my library will remain forever hidden in your presence.
7. Someday, I want to own a brown/white-coloured Falabella horse. The three of us will live together in a delightful cottage in the countryside, surrounded by greens and grazing lambs. All tucked under a honeysuckle-blue winter sky.
And now that I have had my limelight, I will pass it around by announcing the 15 bloggers I present this award to: (in absolutely random order)
1. The Life and Times of an Indian Homemaker by The Indian Homemaker
2. Unnamed by Chhavi
3. Expressions… by Tanishka
4. Me and my Random Thoughts by Bikram
5. I Rhyme Without Reason by Vinay
6. The Dialogue by Chatterbox
7. Bit by Bit! by Pzes
8. A Dash of Pepper by Pepper
9. Delhizen’s Blog by Pallavi
10. Gossamer Dreams by Dhaami
11. Umas Reflections by Uma
12. Writer-z Block by Pal
13. My Favourite Things by Sudhagee
14. Todd Pack’s Messy Desk by Todd
15. The Flibbertigibbet Blog by Stacy
Keep up the good work people. The blogosphere is fun with your super blogs to land on! 😀 😀