Ala the school trophy-showcase that shows off awards for debates and quizzes and painting competitions, here’s vain old me working at stocking my Blog Showcase.
The story so far:
Pick of the month on Women’s Web, based on the theme “We tell ourselves stories in order to live – Joan Didion”.
27. Prize Winning Entry in Air Asia’s Dream Asian Destination Contest
There’s Christmas gifting in the air, thanks to Air Asia. P&P bags a 5,000 INR Flipkart gift voucher for ’Glimmering Moments in Kuala Lumpur’. Yeay!
“When Work takes Centre Stage” was selected as the second prize winner. Tanishq sent across a gift voucher worth Rs. 15,000/-. Reasons galore to be as beautiful as your work.
25. Prize Winning Entry in Apollo Hospitals and Indiblogger’s “How Does Modern Healthcare touch Lives?” Contest
24. Featured in Spring Tide and Parlance Publisher’s book ‘Kaleidoscope’; selected in the Top 5 in their nation-wide short-story writing competition 2013
You can even order a copy here.
23. Winner in Godrej and Femina’s Women of Substance Contest
Courtesy this beautiful contest, Mom and I look forward to splendid moments deciding how to spend Rs. 2000/- :D Thanks a ton Godrej, Femina and Blogadda!
22. Second Prize Winner in Women’s Web Celebrating Girls, Celebrating Women Contest
A contest centred around celebration of woman-kind, irrespective of all that may try to get us down…and I intend to spend the Rs. 500/- Flipkart Voucher doing precisely that!
21. First Prize Winner in Parachute and Women’s Web Goodness of Coconut contest
There’s no denying the goodness of coconut for the skin. This piece was a trip down memory lane, with the ride stopping at junctures laced with wonderful coco moments. And oh, it got me an i-Pad2!
20. Women’s Web picks up our Writing Story “For Delight’s Sake” for front page publishing in “As You Write It” (November)
Plus, a gift hamper from Notex consisting of a Jot It, a scribble pad and a memo scrib – delight indeed!
19. Selected as one of ten Premium Bloggers at Blogadda
I get to work on stories, conversations and posts for them and apparently, Premium Blogger # is now my ID. Woohoo!
18. Winning Entry in “Women’s Intimate Health” contest organized by Blogadda and 18gain
Few things can rival the ease of online shopping. Especially if, courtesy Yebhi.com, you get Rs. 2000/- worth free!
An opportunity to order Rs. 500/- worth from Flipkart is as good (or better?) than two Sundays in a row!
16. ”It so happens one rainy evening in Pune…” featured on Blogadda’s ‘Spicy Saturday Picks’
One of Pune’s earliest gifts this year… thank you Blogadda!
15. Women’s Web picks up my Story “Growing up with Mum” - for their Mother’s Day feature “Lessons from Ma” – for front page publishing in “As You Write It”.
Never thought a gaali could be of such functional importance!
13. Women’s Web picks up our Travel Story “A Dip At Bhandardhara” - courtesy “Of Paneer, Pulao and Pune” – for front page publishing in “As You Write It”.
Got me a neat little recycled-paper writing-pad from Pristh too!
12. “7X7 Blogger” Award by Novroz
A delightful award (and tag) that gave me the chance to showcase favourite picks from the blog.
A travel tale of the Shimla hills got me a neat Rs. 1ooo/- gift voucher from Expedia. I like!
10. Candle Lighter Award”, “Christmas Blogger Award” and “ABC Blog Content Award” by Usha Di
Seasonal blog awards to light up my place… thanks a lot Usha Di!
9. Liebster Blog Award…(Dec 2011) Courtesy Zeeshan @ The Rune of Self
What can be better to wrap up a year than an award or two? Thank you Zee!
8. Winner of Smart Cookie Mug – Courtesy Chatterbox @ The Dialogue
Riddles, I have discovered, are great when you want to acquire a really neat blogging mug!
7. Contest Winner in Dove and Yahoo! Real Beauty Contest
In Dove and Yahoo! Real Beauty Contest (hosted by Indiblogger), “Beauty, over the ages” bagged an Editor’s Choice award…a cash prize of Rs. 5000/-
6. Contest Winner in Indiblogger’s “Crusade Against Chlorine“
“Murder in the Water Filter” bagged the second prize – a neat little Sheaffer pen worth Rs. 7000/- – in the “Crusade Against Chlorine” contest organized by Indiblogger.
5. Editor’s Choice (31/5/2011) by BlogJunta
“Beauty, over the ages” was picked by BlogJunta’s team as one of the Editor’s Choice entries for 31st May 2011.
A blogosphere award, this is given out by bloggers to their favourite spaces in the blogging world. Rituparna, the owner of “Chocolates and Dreams” passed it on to me. Subsequently, Usha Di, Bikram and Deeps have also been generous.
3. Contest Winner in Tata Tea Jaago Re’s ‘Too Busy To Care’
In a delightful contest organized by Tata Tea, bloggers came together with write-ups pertaining to social issues. More than a contest, this was one awakening experience, bringing to the fore the umpteen issues of urban life that we ignore. Sometimes even, choose to ignore. My entry, Mr. Rao teaches a lesson won the first prize of a neat Rs. 5000/- gift cheque.
2. Contest Winner at Women’s Web
They hosted a Women’s Day contest for which bloggers came up with stories about courageous women. I managed a third prize win – a delightful little WW cup – for the entry “Having the last laugh“.
1. Notable Newbie Award (March 2011) by Blogadda
This goes out every week to an *interesting* blog chosen by the Blogadda team. The blogger gets to be the Notable Newbie. I got to be in the hot seat in the second week of March.
I hope there will be many more…