It could very well have been the 13th considering the hideous state my heart is in. My computer screen seems the friendliest to me today – it’s been patient with my mood and is still right in front of me, stable and unblinking. So Dear HP Computer, do hear out my list of grievances and prayers. Even though you can hardly help, at least you are someone who will listen. And allow me to undo and redo and re-wish and re-cap as many times as I want.
1. My hair feels abominably frizzy! And it was just the other day I washed it. I detest this jam-sticky summer. I will now have to spend quite a bit of Sunday morning (which wouldn’t begin before 11 considering the insomniac nights I have been spending all of this week) pampering my mane.
2. In continuation with #1, I feel sleepy. Not in the I-could-doze-off-any-moment kind of way but more of a tired-heavy eyed-listless manner. I crave for a night or so of sweet sleep with dreams that sing of fairies and fairy towns.
3. I want to go for a nice easy-watch movie with a nice easy-going friend. I want to have popcorn in the interval and a chilled large coke to sip from. I want to go out for dinner and have a sizzling brownie for dessert.
4. I want some appreciation for my work. I want to be told that I am doing a good job and I want a pat on the back with a warm reassuring smile.
5. My wardrobe needs replenishment. I want to go out shopping. For clothes, shoes and accessories. I want to spend an afternoon browsing through this and that and come home with an armful of shopping bags.
6. I want to be pampered. To be shaken by the shoulders and asked what’s wrong. To be offered a chocolate and a knowing smile. To have my hair ruffled and my hands held and be hugged tight.
7. I want to be gripped by a song once more – a tune which stays on my mind from the moment I wake up to the moment I go off to sleep. A melody that makes me feel alive, beautiful.
8. I want to go off for a holiday. To some quiet place on the hills. I want to go for a walk by myself on winding lanes between rows of oak. I want to sit down on a big boulder by a stream and watch scampering rabbits.
9. I want to tell Mr. Irritating Laughter to shut his trap. I want to ask Mr. Blind-and-Deaf if he really is oblivious to everything. I want to quit being affected by things I can’t change. I want to go back to someone for whom I am the only one who matters.
10. I want a wishing well, a silver winged angel, a pixie with playful eyes. I want to wake up tomorrow morning to a wonderland with jingling bells and gleaming, twinkling lanes.